[POOL] Results

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Nov 23 03:05:46 CST 2011

We played Dean Bass's team, Bask Ackward.  I didn't record the details
for tonight's matches, but the gist was Craig, Eric, Rob, Paul R and I
played ??, ??, Dean, Jill, and Art, respectively, with the results
loss, loss, loss, loss and loss.  Ouch.  Paul did make a good run in
his 3rd game against Jill (in a 1:4 matchup) and got to shoot on the
8.  I lost my 3:3 match with Art by making a sweet cut on one of my
balls sending it across the table to the far corner pocket as planned,
but what I didn't plan was that the cue ball would bank hard off the
rail into the 8, sending it straight into the side pocket.  Fail.

Ah well.  We get another chance to win some next week.