[POOL] Results

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Nov 2 01:17:16 CDT 2011

We played Mr mR, Bob Daun's team.

Rob went first against Red in a 2:6.  Rob pulled out a late win, but
couldn't get another and went down 1:6.

Craig played next against Jeff in a 2:4.  Craig had a few
opportunities, but he wasn't able to pull off a win and lost, 0:4.

I played Adam in the 3rd match, another 2:6.  I was shooting crap,
giving up 5 wins until I noticed Adam would miss everytime I ate a
fry.  A plate of fries and one win later, I somehow managed to get to
the 8 first and sink it for my second win, taking the match 2:5.

Az played 4th against Bob in a 2:10.  Az made some good runs and took
the 5th game, but Bob hunkered down.  Az was almost able to take the
match after Bob gave up ball-in-hand late in a game after an odd
carom, but it wasn't to be.  Az went down, 1:10.

Either of us had a 5th player, so the 5th match is to be made up some
other time.  Next week we play Retarded Monkeys.