[POOL] Results tonight so far

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 27 02:04:35 CDT 2011

Sox beat the Yankees 3-2.

Bulls beat the Pacers 116-89.

Hawks are currently down 0-1.

Oh, yeah, and there's a pool match going on! :)  We're playing X-Cue-Ses.

Paul played the 1st match of the night against Pat in a 1-10. Pat was at the top of his game, which was bad news for Paul.  He went down, 0-10.

Craig played Gaylen next in a 2-3. Craig got off to a slow start, but so did Gaylen. Craig took him down, 2-1.

Next was Brian T against Ron in a 1-9.  Brian's aim was off a bit in the first game, but he got to the 8 first in the 2nd, and again in the 3rd, which he sunk for the win!

Roger was next in a 1-5 against George. George was playing cautiously and gave Roger a couple of opportunities, but Roger wasn't able to close the deal. He lost 0-5.

I'm playing now against Bobby is a 3-7. Bobby's won 1 game, and so have I. We're both distracted by the Hawks game... Wait, Hawks have just tied it late in the 3rd period; wooo!  Bobby has now taken a couple more close games. I'm keeping my focus though and have won a 2nd game.  Crap, Canucks have just won it in overtime. :(  Bah! Another playoff loss tonight would suck, so let me take this next game from Bobby. Huzzah! I win, 3-3!

So we win the night, 3 matches to 2. Looks like Les's team won too, so I believe we'll face them next week to fight for 5th place.