[POOL] Results

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 30 02:10:24 CDT 2011

A tough night for Moe.  We played X-Cue-Ses.

I didn't write down all the matches result, but if I remember
properly:

- Craig played Gaylen first, having to win 2, but only managed 1.

- Brian T played George, having to win 2 or 3 for the match, which he
  won (woo!).

- Roger played next against Pat in a 1:10.  Roger had Pat on the ropes
  in the first game but couldn't close the deal.  He almost got Pat
  again in the 2nd and then the 3rd game, but then Pat started getting
  on a roll and didn't Roger much of a chance after that.  Ultimately,
  Roger went down, 0:10.

- Rob played the 4th match against Ron, in another 1:10.  Rob had some
  chances, but in reality, we know you only get to shoot against Ron
  whenever he wants you to shoot.  Rob wasn't able to pull out the
  upset, and lost 0:10.

- I played the last match against Jason, in a 4:1.  In a switch, that
  was me that had to win the 4.  I took the first 2 games without
  problem, but then I let my guard down and stopped playing
  defensively in the 3rd, which gave Jason a chance to come back and
  ultimately take the 3rd game and the match, 2:1.  Blah! :(

So we won 1, lost 4.

Next week we play Cue Strokers, I believe.