[POOL] Tonite's Results

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 16 02:14:25 CST 2011

We played Cue Strokers.

Craig played Ron Scott first in a 2:5 match.  Craig managed to win 1
game, but he was denied another by Ron, losing the match 1:5.

Paul played next against Gene in a 3:2.  Paul shot well, and Gene gave
up plenty of ball-in-hand, so despite being on the highside of the
matchup, Paul won, 3:1.

I played Matt for the 3rd match in a 3:2.  My aim was back on, and
Matt was a little undisciplined, so I won 3:0.

Next was Brian vs Brian (Robinson vs O'Kelley) in a 2:2.  Brian was
shooting OK, but Brian was shooting better; unfortunately, our
Brian was the one just shooting OK, so he went down, 0:2.

The 5th match is to be made up next week.  George from X-Cue-ses
wasn't around, so Brian's match from last week still needs to be
finished as well.

So we won 2, lost 2.  We entered the night in a 3-way tie for 3rd, 3
games behind the 1st place team.

Next week we play Bass Ackward.

John

PS. In other news, someone sideswiped my car in the Q parking lot. >:(
    Damage wasn't major, but it will still require repair.  Stupid,
    drunk pool players... (wait, that describes me!)