[POOL] Last night's results

Paul Hovland hovland at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 19 14:20:46 CST 2011

I jumped out to a 1-0 lead in my 2:4 against Badri.  I was optimistic at that point, as Badri had started the match having practiced a bit and I was starting cold.  Unfortunately, Badri continued to warm up and I never put together any long streaks, so Badri proceeded to win the next 4 games.  The good news is that my success rate seems to be inversely proportional to that of the team, so...

I was playing, so didn't witness much of Dave's match, but my impression was that he kept both games close but unfortunately fell 2-0.

John met Kevin in a 2:3.  John was playing great.  I think they traded wins, with John prevailing 2-1 or 2-2.

3-2 on the night against the first place team.  We closed the gap, but couldn't quite pull into first place.

Paul