[POOL] Last Night's Results

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Dec 1 19:02:21 CST 2010

We played We Used To Be Good.

First was Paul vs Todd in a 2:8.  Paul got an early win while Todd was
still warming up.  Fortunately, Todd didn't warm up quick enough,
'cause in the 5th game, he fouled on the 8, giving the match to Paul,
2:3.  BTW, entering the night, Paul had the best record (~0.785 or so)
in the league; he'll still have the best next week. :)

I played next against Badri in a 2:3.  I was shooting well for once,
and with the help of another 8-ball foul on the part of Badri, I won
my match, 2:2.

Next was Rob against Scott in a 2:6.  Scott was playing well.  Rob
played good too, and managed to get a win, but ultimately he couldn't
shake Scott and went down 1:6.

While Rob and Scott were playing, Craig started the 4th match against
Kevin in a 2:4.  Craig got a quick win, and in the 3rd game, almost
sank 2 of his balls simultaneous when he shot the cue ball between them,
sending them to oppposing corner pockets, sinking 1 of them.  That was
enough to unhinge Kevin, with Craig getting to and sinking the 8 for
the game and the match, 2:1.

Brian R played the last match against Jim in a 2:3.  Brian shot well,
breaking his losing streak and winning his match, 2:1.

So we were an awesome 4 out of 5 on the night; woo!  We entered the
night in 7th place, but we should have regained some ground in the
standings.

Next week we face X-Cue-Ses.