[POOL] Tue's Results

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Nov 11 19:15:05 CST 2010

Whoops, sorry, forgot to email this out yesterday.

We played Get More with Les on Tue.  Uncharacteristically, all of our
players showed up before the first match was over, so we started our
make-up matches against More with Les at the same time as our
scheduled matches.  Results for the scheduled matches were:

First was Brian T against Mike in an even 4:4.  While Brian started
off well, he seemed to be a little off balance, so he was only able to
take one game while losing the match, 1:4.

Paul played Les in the next regular match in a 2:8.  Les was shooting
well, but Paul was keeping pace, winning the 4th game.  The match went
to the hill, with Paul getting to the 8 first.  Paul had a makeable
shot for the win, but unfortunately, the 8 went wide of the pocket,
leaving a pretty easy cut for Les.  Luckily for Paul, Les somehow
managed to miss the cut, stranding the 8 right in front of pocket for
Paul, which he didn't let Paul sink, as in disgust, Les knocked it
into the pocket with his queue, giving the match to Paul, 2:7.

Brian R played the 3rd regular match against Steve in a 2:6.  Brian R
was a bit off balance too, sending shots just wide of their target,
and he down, 0:6.

Next, Rob played Raly in a 1:7.  Raly was shooting very well, rarely
giving Rob a chance to shoot at all, which unfortunately translated
into a loss for Rob, 0:7.

I played the last regular match of the night against Fred in a 2:4.  I
got off to a good start while Fred was rattling balls in pockets, and
took the early lead with some luck and ball in hand.  I had a good
opportunity to take the 2nd game, but I couldn't close it out, and
unfortunately Fred settled down after that and took the rest of the
games, taking me down 1:4.

In the make up matches, Rob played Steve in a 2:6 match on the
practice table while Brian T was playing Mike.  Rob rocked, and beat
Steve handily, 2:2.

The next make up match was Brian R against Raly in a 1:7 which
immediately followed Rob & Raly's regular match.  Raly continued to
play very well, running the table most of the time, but having played
7 games already, he ran out of steam after the 5th game.  It was
getting late too, so he asked to leave the rest of the match until
next week, to which Brian agreed.  So this match was left unfinished
at 0:5.

So on the night, we won 2 but lost 4, with 1 undecided.  We started
the night tied for 3rd (or was it 4th?) and one game ahead of the 5th
(6th?) place team.  Next week we play Bass Ackward.