[POOL] Tonight's results

Paul Hovland hovland at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 27 00:19:33 CDT 2010

Rob and I played makeup games against X-cue-ses.

Rob played Jason in a 3:2 and won 3-0.

I played George in a 1:7 and won 1-2 (I should have won 1-0).

We played Mr mR in our regular match.  Brian T started the night off right with a 3-2 victory in a 3:5 against Red.  Craig played tough against Bob in a 1:10, but fell 0:10.  Rob fell 0-4 in a 2:4 against Dick (who was playing lights out).  I started out slow against Adam, but won 2-6 in a 2:8.  Brian R fell 1-6 in a hard fought 2:6 against Danny (aided by faulty coaching by me in the final game).

So, we finished the night 4-3 (2-0 in makeups and 2-3 against Mr mR).  We still have 2 makeups against Les is More.

Paul

ps: We started the night in 7th place, but the makeup matches (plus the 2 victories in this week's matches) should help raise us in the standings.