[POOL] Last night's results

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 13 17:20:13 CDT 2010

Tough night; we played Kevin's team (We Used to be Good).

Craig played first against Bardri in a 2:4.  I didn't see the match,
but the end result was Craig losing, 1:4.

Rob played second against Scott in a 2:6.  Rob was making some good
shots, but Scott was playing too well and won the match 1:5.

Brian T was next against Kevin in a 3:3.  Brian got off to a bad start
in the 1st game, but came back strong to win the 2nd.  Unfortunately,
Kevin staged his own comeback in games 3 and 4, and ended up winning
the match 1:3.

I was next against Jim in a 2:2.  Jim and I alternated wins, and
fortunately I got the first won, so I won the match 2:1.

They didn't have a 5th for the night, so that match will have to be
made up next week.

In the makeup match against Les's team, Brian T played and won (I
believe).  He played early, so I don't recall who he played nor the
match up and results.

I played the makeup match against Bass Ackwards (from 2 weeks ago)
against Bob, in a 2:5.  I should have been able to take him, but Bob
was shooting well while my aim was wavering, so I went down, losing
0:5.