[POOL] Tonight's Results

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 28 02:31:45 CDT 2010

Damn.
So close...

We played Mr mR (Liz's team) in the 2nd round of the playoffs.
Despite good efforts by those who played, we went down, 3 to 1.  I
didn't write down all the match-ups, but briefly, Craig played Red
first, losing his match.  Roger played the tall member of their team
(Glen?), losing as well.  Brian T was our only hope, beating Liz 3
games to none (IIRC).  I played Dick in a 2:4 and almost had him,
getting to the 8 first in the last game, but I couldn't put it away
and lost 1:4, giving Mr mR the win. :( Oh well; we played them well,
and many games could have easily gone our way.

Kevin's team (We Used to be Good) lost tonight too, so we'll face them
next week in the battle for 3rd place.