[POOL] Tonight's results

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 14 03:10:11 CDT 2010

We played Bass Ackwards for the last night of the regular season.  As
Craig mentioned, we were 1 game in first, ahead of Mr mR, Liz's team,
at the start of the evening.  I arrived during the 4th match, so I'll
leave it to others to provide the play-by-play, if they're so
inclined.

First up was Roger against Gary in a 2:3.  I don't think Roger had his
requisite number of cosmos (in fact, I don't think he had any cosmos),
so he went down 1:3.

Brian T was next against Glen in a 3:3.  Brian was sweating it, though
not because it was a tough match, but because it was warm in Q!
Despite that, Brian prevailed and took the match 3:2.

Next up was Brian R against Dean in a 1:10.  Dean didn't stand a
chance, with Brian taking the match 1:1.  Once again, the double-
Brian threat was too much for our opponents.

Paul played the 4th match against Jill in a 2:6.  Paul got off to a
good start, winning the first game.  He continued to play Jill tough,
putting together some nice runs and getting to the 8 first in a couple
of games, but ultimately Jill was the victor, taking the match 1:6.

I should interject that by the time Paul's match was over, Liz's team
had finished all their matches, winning 3 of 5.

The final match of the night was me against Jeremy in a 2:4.  If
you've been following along with these reports, you may have noted
that I've been in a bit of a funk, having lost my last 6 matches.
Well, the funk continued, but only because somehow I managed to pass
it on to Jeremy. :)  He struggled to make some of shots, while I
finally got my aim back inline.  We traded wins, with the end result
being me taking the match 2:2.

So with our 3 wins tonight, we held onto our claim for 1st place over
Mr mR by 1 game.  Woo!  Great job, Moe!  Literally, every win this
season counted.

Next week, playoffs.