[POOL] Results

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 27 02:57:27 CST 2010

Results from tonight's matches against Busch Wackers.  The last match
went pretty late, and Kevin couldn't wait 'til the end and collected
the score sheet before I wrote down all the results, so the following
is from memory.  Please correct/amend as required.

Brian T went first against ?? in a 3:5 (or so).  Unfortunately, I
missed that match, so that means Brian went down.  Well, Craig said
Brian was off his game too, so that might have been a factor.  Final
score was 1:5, I think.

Paul went next against Wayne Sr, in a 2:something.  I missed this
match too, but Paul got one solid win, and then Wayne scratched while
shooting on the 8, giving Paul the win, 2:4 or so.

Next was Craig against Wayne Jr in another 2:something.  Taking a cue
from Paul, Craig got a good, solid win and then took the match when
Wayne also scratched on the 8 while shooting a safety.  Craig won,
2:5ish.

I played Mike next in a 3:5.  I thought I was in for it after Mike ran
the table in the first game after I broke, but then I almost ran the
table in the next game and won.  We continued to trade wins, and well,
since I needed less of them, I ended up winning the match, 3:3.

The final match was Brian R against Bob.  Brian had Bob on the ropes
early, but unfortunately in the first game, he pocketed the cue after
sinking the 8 on a nice cut.  Brian almost had Bob in the 2nd game,
but he gave up too much ball-in-hand.  Eventually, Bob prevailed, and
Brian went down 0:4.

So we again went 3:2 on the night.  Not bad at all.