[POOL] Results

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 13 02:28:58 CST 2010

Tonite's results.  We played vs Mr mR (Liz's team)

First up was Brian T against Liz in a 3:3.  I missed the game, but
judging by the results, I'm thinking Brian wasn't on his game.  He
went down 0:3.

Next was Craig against Jim in a 1:5.  I missed this one too, 'cause it
was over quickly, with Jim sinking the 8 early (or did he scratch?),
giving Craig the match 1:1.

I went next against Adam in a 2:4.  Adam was on fire and beat me
handily, 0:4.

Paul then played against Richard in a 2:4.  Paul & Richard were well
matched, and games could have easily gone to either one.  In the end
though, Paul triumphed, taking Richard down 2:2.

The final match of the night was Brian R against Bob in a 1:10.  It
promised to be a long, drawn-out match, but Brian had other ideas (and
mini chicken sandwiches waiting), and took Bob down in the first game,
winning the match 1:0!

So we won 3 of 5.  Good job Moe!

But wait, there's more!

Ti played Joe of Retarded Monkeys in the makeup match from last week
in a 2:4.  Ti played tough, but Joe was playing too well, and took the
match 1:4.

Our opponents next week, We Used To Be Good