[POOL] Last night's results

Paul Hovland hovland at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Nov 11 17:20:08 CST 2009

Quick summary....

We entered the night in third place (21 points) and played the
Buschwhackers (team #1, in first place at 31 points).

(I arrived late, so someone else will have to fill in the details).

Craig won his match (against Mike?).
Brian T. won his match 3-2 (in a 3:3 against ??).
Brian R. won his match 1-3 or 1-4 (in a 5:1 against Adam).
Ti won his match 1-0 (in a 1:9 against Bob).
John lost his match 3-1 (in a 2:3 against Tim(?)

Brian R. was shooting really well and made some spectacular cut
shots.  I'm surprised he didn't win sooner.  Ti was shooting lights
out and Bob was a little off.  Ti went on a 5-6 ball run at the end,
barely missed a shot, and left Bob with a length-of-table shot on the
8.  Bob missed, and Ti closed it out.  John was in a hard fought
battle.  He won his first game, came close in at least one more, and
had a (very difficult) shot on the 8 in the final game that didn't fall.

We went 4-1 on the night and came really close to going 5-0.  We now
have 25 points.  The Buschwhackers now have 32.  Either we gained
ground on the second place team (entering the night at 24 points) or
they gained ground on the Buschwhackers, or both.   We're within
theoretical (but improbable) striking distance of first place.

Paul