[POOL] Last Night

Paul Hovland hovland at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 28 14:10:08 CDT 2009

Sorry, meant to send out a complete report this morning.

I was in a 2:6.  Jim was on his game and I was off.  I went down 6-0
and didn't come close in a single game.

Brian R. was in a 2:6 against Red and won 2:4 (IIRC, Red won the first
three and then they alternated victories).  The match ended around
11:15 and I think Red was anxious to get home.

Haw-Ren was in a 3:5 against Richard.  He won.  I think the score was
3:2 or 3:1.

So, after Craig and I put us in a 0-2 hole, our cleanup crew won out,
bringing us to 3-2 on the night.  That, combined with Brian T.'s
victory (which raised us to 4-1 for last week) should be enough to
keep us in at least a tie for third place (which is where we entered
the night).

Paul