[POOL] Game called for 18:00

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 21 10:57:38 CDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 07:08:19AM -0500, stace at mcs.anl.gov wrote:
> I shoulda won mine.  It was a 3-2 and I lost 3-0.  In game 2 I sank the 8
> in the wrong pocket.  In game 3 I was just shooting like crap.

Dude!  I guess that's what happens when none of your teammates are
there to tell you not to do that...

As an addendum to Paul's note, my match against Andy was a 2:10 which
I won 2:6.  Andy didn't miss much, but when he did, he usually left me
snookered behind his balls or the 8.  Fortunately in the last game, he
left me just enough room to get the cueball past the 8 to cut my last
ball into a corner, which then left me with a fairly easy cut on the 8
for the win.

Brian R won his 1:7 match against George 1:2.  Both were struggling to
sink balls, until George managed to sink the cueball when shooting on
the 8, putting an end to their misery. :)

Paul won his 1:7 against Les 1:5.  Paul was playing well, but Les was
sinking balls pretty much at will.  That is until the last game, when
he also sank the cue on one of his shots, giving Paul ball-in-hand on
the 8.

So in the end, we went 3 and 1, a good night overall for Moe!

John