[POOL] Last night's results

Paul Hovland hovland at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 14 11:14:29 CDT 2009

Last night we played Kevin's team (We Used to be Good).

Brian T. played Ed W.  in a 3:5.  Brian was on and won a back-and-
forth battle 3:2.
Brian R. played [I'm blanking] in a 1:4.  I missed the match, but I
think Brian won 1:0 on an 8-ball scratch.
Craig played Kevin in a 2:4 (I think).  It went down to the wire, but
Craig won 2:3 when Kevin followed the 8 into the corner.
Haw-Ren played Jim in a 2:2. Haw-Ren was on a roll and won 2:0.
They were missing a fifth.  We'll make it up next week.

So, we went 4-0, with a chance to go 5-0.

I played Amanda in  a 2:4 makeup match.  Amanda hit some amazing bank
shots but was a bit off on some of her cut shots.  I won 2:1.

Overall we went 5-0.  Should move us up from tied for last place to
4th or 5th place (plus we have the opportunity to pick up a win via
the make up).

Paul