[POOL] Tonight's result

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 23 01:34:20 CDT 2009

We played Busch Whackers tonight.  We only lost 3 matches, although we
only had 4 players, so that means we only won 1. :/

Craig played first again Wayne Sr in a 2:2, losing 0:2.

Brian R then played Tim(?) in a 1:5 (I think).  Brian played Tim
tough, but ultimately fell 0:5.

Paul played Adam in a 2:5 (Paul had to win 2, but I forget what Adam
needed).  Adam played well as usual, but so did Paul.  I mignt be
remembering these in reverse order, but in one game, Paul was shooting
on the 8 and left it hanging right on the lip of a corner pocket.  Adam
then took a shot at the 8 and sunk it, but followed the que ball right
in after it.  In another game, Paul left Adam stuck behind a lot of
Paul's balls and was able to sink the 8 before Adam, winning the match.

I played Bob in a 1:9 in the final match of the night.  Or more
properly, I racked the balls for Bob in the final match of the night.
I had a few opportunities throughout the match to take a game,
including a nice setup in the final game, but I missed one of the
shots in the run, and Bob won handedly after that.

The fifth match is to be made on another week.