[POOL] Reminder: IPA Fest 2009

Paul Hovland hovland at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Aug 13 17:32:07 CDT 2009

Just a quick reminder that IPA Fest will be this Sunday.  I'm still
constructing brackets, but I expect them to include the following beers:

IPAs: Brooklyn, Lagunitas, Odell, Smuttynose, Great Lakes, FFF
Blackheart, Greenwich Meantime, Victory Hop Devil, Boulder Mojo, Racer
5, Titan, DFH 60min, Surly Furious, 1 or 2 homebrews

IIPAs: Flossmoor XIPA, Lagunitas Maximus, Stone Ruination, Two Bros
Hop Juice, Russian River Pliny the Elder, Souther Tier (Oak Aged)
Unearthly, Founders Double Trouble, Hoppin Frog Mean Manalishi, DFH 90
minute, Weyerbacher Double Simcoe

We'll have wine, soda, water, etc. for the non-beer drinkers.

Food will include several vegetarian options, a couple of chicken
dishes, and a pork and/or lamb dish.  We'll have grilled chicken and
mac & cheese for the kids (and any adults who don't like Indian).

If possible let me know that you're coming (please reply just to me
and not the whole list) and whether you intend to participate in the
IPA tasting, as this will help with the planning.  But, if you decide
to come at the last minute, do not fret.  I always make too much food
(and we can never have too many beer tasters).

Cheers...

Paul