[POOL] IPA Fest 2009

Paul Hovland hovland at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jul 29 17:02:15 CDT 2009

Laurie and I invite you and your family, friends, etc. to an IPA Fest
on Sunday, August 16 at 3:00pm.  We'll have O(2^5) IPAs (India Pale
Ales) and Double/Imperial IPAs to taste (current plan is for some sort
of double-elimination tasting tournament, but I still have some
details to work out),  so please make appropriate driving
arrangements.  We will of course have a variety of non-alcoholic
drinks as well.  We'll also have some spicy Indian (or pseudo-Indian)
food to complement the beer, and some not-so-spicy food and other
snacks.

We live at 733 Metropolitan Ave in Bolingbrook.  Google and Mapquest
know the way.  One option: Weber Rd to 115th.  West on 115th to
Belvedere (last left before dead end).  First right on Manhattan.
First left on Metropolitan.  733 is a grey house with wine shutters on
the right.  Our number is 630-378-1445 if you get lost.

If possible, let us know that you're coming (be sure to reply to just
me and not the whole list) so we know how much food to prepare and
beer to open, but as always, feel free to just drop by.  I always make
too much food.

Cheers...

Paul

ps: I'll try to send out the beer lineup a little closer to the date.