[POOL] Last night's results

Roger Sersted rs1 at aps.anl.gov
Wed Apr 15 11:11:23 CDT 2009

Well, we started in 7th and remained in 7th.
But, you all knew that. :-)

Now for the fun.

We played Mr. Mr. (Liz's team)

First up was Brian T. vs Dick Weeks in a 3:3.  Dick jumped out to an
early 2-0 lead.  Brian played tough, but went down swinging 3-1.

Next up was Craig vs Liz in 4:1.   I didn't pay attention, I was busy
eating my grilled chicken sandwich (with buffalo sauce).  But, Craig
played well and won the second game and match 1-1.

Then there's Roger vs Rob F. in a 5:1.  I was continually frustrated,
making fairly difficult shots, but missing critical ducks.  This torture
went on for 5 games.  But, somehow I pulled it together and won game 5
and the match 4-1.

Ti Leggett dropped-by to be our 5th player.  He went against Rich Essex
in a 5:2.  Ti hadn't picked-up a cue in a long time.  He played
amazingly well and won his match, 2-4.

Last up was John V. vs Red in a 2:4.  John was smoking last night.  He's
had a couple of tough losses.  But, last night he could do no wrong.
John won his match 2-1.

One interesting observation, it's common knowledge that Brian Robinson
has been on a tear.  Last night, John had Brian's meal of choice,
Chicken Quesadillas.  We believe that a key to success in pool is the
consumption of Chicken Quesadillas.  Next week, Craig will be putting
that theory to test.

For the evening, we took 4 of 5 and had a great time.

Roger S.