[POOL] Last night's results

Roger Sersted rs1 at aps.anl.gov
Wed Apr 1 08:49:53 CDT 2009

Last night we played Cue Strokers (Ron Scott, Andy K, Cheryl ...)

First up was Me vs Ron Scott in a 5:1.  I was playing pretty well,
despite my tendency to hit a little too hard. :-) I won the second game
and the match.  OK. I rocked the house the second game!

Next up was Craig vs Cheryl in a 2:2.  Craig was a little off, but he
put together some nice runs.  Unfortunately, Cheryl held him off and
Craig lost 2-1.

Brian T. was up against Melanie in a 4:1.  This was a nail biter.  What
Melanie lacked in technique, she made-up for in laser like aiming.
Brian was missing shots he'd normally make.  But, Brian prevailed and
won 4-0.

Now it's Paul vs Amanda in a 4:2.  Paul played pretty well and took a
game, but he scratched on the eight in game 5 giving Amanda the win, 4-1.

Last up was Brian R. against Jori in a 3:2 (Brian needing 2).  Brian is
just on a roll.  He takes game 1 with authority, but loses game 2.  Then
game 3 was a real see-saw battle.  But, Brian prevailed winning the
match 2-1.

The final tally, we finally won a majority of matches, taking 3 of 5.
Next week we play Dean Bass' team, Bass Ackwards.