[POOL] How'd we do?

Roger Sersted rs1 at aps.anl.gov
Wed Mar 11 14:35:41 CDT 2009

Hey there,

Well after you guys left ...

Paul played Fred in a 4:2.  It was a real see-saw battle.  Paul had Fred
pinned in some really nasty setups.  Paul prevailed and won the match
2-2.  The punchline, Fred lost both games by scratching (in the side
pocket) on the eight.  It was just weird.

Next up Me vs Mark Erdmann in a 5:1.  Mark breaks, drops a couple, I
shoot and scratch, ball in hand for Mark.  He gets down to two balls,
misses.  I shoot, shoot again, shoot some more.  Then I drop the eight.
  I just ran 6 balls and the eight to win the game and match, 7 minutes.

Finally, it was John V. vs Kevin Beyer in a 3:2 (John needing 2).  This
was a tough match for John.  He played well and won a game.  But, he
couldn't finish it.  John lost 3-1.  Part of his loss is my fault.  If I
hadn't ended my match so quickly, he could have eaten his Chicken
sandwich without all those interruptions.

So, we only took 2 of 5 last night.

However, on a high note: Our own Brian Robinson is ranked number 3 in
the league via the performance calculation.  Congratulations!!!

Roger S.