[POOL] Last night's results

Roger Sersted rs1 at aps.anl.gov
Wed Feb 18 10:59:19 CST 2009

Ob boy, what an interesting night.  Other players, feel free to
add/correct my attempt at recalling the night.

We played Andy Knagge's Team (Ron Scott, Cheryl etc).

I started out the night in a 2:2 against Melanie.  No waitress, no
Cosmo, I was nervous.  I hate 2:2s, they're just not flattering to my
figure. :-)  I lost game 1 and my first words to Paul were, "Here's a
ten.  I want a Citron and Coke. Thanks"  Games 2 and 3, I started slow
and then went on a major tear, winning both games.  Yes.  I won the
match 2-1.

Next up was Ron Scott versus Rob Jacob (6:2).  Ron scratched on the 8 in
one game and Rob beat him in another game.  Rob won 3-2 (I think).

Paul vs. Cheryl in a 3:2 (I think).  Regardless, Paul played really well
and won 1-2, I think.

Brian R. vs Amanda in a 4:1.  In game 1, Amanda scratched on the 8.
Chalk-up one more win for our side.

Finally, John vs Andy in a 4:2 and this didn't look good.  John just
wasn't shooting well.  But, Andy scratched on the 8 in game 2.  In game
3, Andy had a tough bank shot and put the 8 in the wrong side pocket.
John completes the sweep.

Yes!! The Moe SZyslak Experience swept 5-0!!!!!