[POOL] Last night's results

Roger Sersted rs1 at aps.anl.gov
Wed Feb 11 10:18:00 CST 2009

Last night we played X-Cue-ses (sp?)
That's Ron Shepherd's team.

First up was Craig vs Les in an 8:2.  I didn't see most of the match,
but I heard that Craig rocked one of the games, but he just couldn't do
a repeat.  He lost 8-1.

Next up was Brian T. vs Andy in a 6:2.  Brian played really well and
capitalized on a couple errors and won 4-2.

Paul played Roger E. in a 6:2.  Paul came close in a couple games, but
couldn't close the deal.  He lost 6-0.

I play Ron S. himself in a 10:1.  I was totally "on".  The first two
games Ron won, but I was down to only two balls.  Game 3, he killed me.
  But game 4, Boo Yah!  I made an awesome cut shot bank on the 8 the
length of the table and dropped the 8 for the win.

Brian R. played George in a 7:1.  Brian wasn't shooting well, but in
game two he made a great defensive play.  George was forced into a tough
bank shot on the 8 and scratched.  Brian won 1-1.

So, we took 3 of 5 for the night.  Great job folks!!!

Roger S.