[POOL] Last night's (and last season's) results

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 7 12:27:33 CST 2009

The Moe Szyslak Experience went into the final night of the fall
season ranked 4th but only 2 games behind Busch Wackers for 1st, and 1
game behind Team Suck and Grampa Vic which were tied for 2nd.  Like
some crazy last week of NFC football, all was to be decided on the
last night...

We played Mr mR.  I arrived late and missed most of the games, so
I don't know many of the details, but the results were:

Brian T played first against Liz in a 3:3 match up, winning 3-2.

Brian R played next again Jim in a 1:5.  Brian had Jim on the brink of
defeat throughout the match, but despite a good effort, lost 0-5.

Roger started his 2:6 match against Richard while Brian's match was
still in progress.  Roger had had his requisite number of cosmos, and
so was shooting well.  After pocketing two of his balls on one shot,
Roger was left facing the 8, which he sunk, winning the last game and
the match 2-4.

John went next against Rob in a 2:4.  John was on while Rob was off,
and John won his match handily 2-1.

Paul was our last man up, but Mr mR had no mister left to play, so
Paul won by forfeit, 0-NaN.  :)

So we had 4 wins on the night, for a grand total of 39 wins for the
fall season!  As for the other teams last night: Grampa Vic played
their age, winning only 1 game, so they ended with 37 wins; Team Suck
however didn't suck, matching our effort with 4 wins on the night and
40 for the season.  Busch Wackers had lost 2 and won 2 by the time we
finished playing and were down 1-2 in their 3:3 final match, but
somehow their opponent couldn't wack 'em in the bud and gave Busch
Wackers the final match and 3 wins for the night, so they too finished
the season with 40 wins, tied w/ Team Suck for 1st.  That means we
finished 3rd, only 1 game out of a 3-way tie for 1st place.  Way to go
Moe!!  The final top 4 teams for the season then were:

  1st: Busch Wackers (40) &
       Team Suck (40)
  3rd: Moe Szyslak Experience (39)
  4th: Grampa Vic (37)