[POOL] How'd we do?

Roger Sersted rs1 at aps.anl.gov
Wed Oct 15 16:08:10 CDT 2008

Hi There,

Last night we played "We Used to be Good", Kevin Beyer's team.

First up was Jason against Ed Wrobel in a 6:3.  Jason was his usual self
making some amazing shots.  Ed gave him a good run.  But, Jason's "mad
skillz" prevailed, winning 6-2.

Brian R. played Rob Witkowski in a 1:4. Brian made some great shots and
took Rob to the limit, winning the 4th game and taking the match 1-3.
Rock-on Brian!

Next was yours truly (Roger) against Fred ??? in a 2:6.  I had my usual
moments of brilliance followed by abysmal failure.  I went down swinging
0-6.  :-(

John V. took on Mark Erdmann in a 2:6 (iirc).  That match took place
during my match, so I didn't see much.  John won 2-2, iirc.

Last but not least, our newest member Paul H. took on Jim ??? (guy with
black hair and ponytail).  This was a 2:2.  Paul made some good shots,
but Jim's experience prevailed.  Paul lost 0-2.

So team, we took 3 of 5 and as of last week, we were in 2nd place.

On an interesting note, Dean Bass' team played the Bushwackers.
Unfortunately, only one of Dean's team showed-up, but 30 minutes late.
As a reminder, if no-one shows, a team starts forfeiting at the rate of
one match per 15 minutes.

Roger S.