[POOL] the results

Roger Sersted rs1 at aps.anl.gov
Wed Oct 1 01:01:39 CDT 2008

We played Dean Bass' team "Bass Ackward"

First-up was Brian Toonen against Glenn Keller in a (3:4).  Brian put up
a good fight.  But the end was near when Glenn won the 5th game with an
8-ball break.  Brian lost 2:4.

Next up was Craig vs. Candido P. in a 2:3.  This was a good match going
the distance and Craig prevailing, winning 2:2.

Then the strangest match of the night.  Me vs Steve Bengston in a 2:6.
The first game Steve has me totally beat, until he chases the eight-ball
into the corner pocket.  The next game, I break, he sinks a couple
balls.  I look at the balls in the return and think, "Oh, I've got
solids."  I then pocket a solid and then it's pointed out, that I'm
STRIPES.  He goes on to win that game.  The third game, I rocked and won
it and the match 2:1.

Brian R. played Jill in a hard fought 1:4.  Brian just couldn't cash in
a couple opportunities and lost 0:4.

The final match between John and Bob Burgonio was a 2:5.  This match was
just great to watch.  John came out strong winning the first game.  The
next four were a different story.  Though he played very well, he just
couldn't close the deal.  Then the 6th game, both players were visibly
tired and they each made critical mistakes.  However, John was finally
able to capitalize and win the match 2:4.

So, we ended the night winning 3 of 5 matches.  Way to go team!!

Next week we play: Cue Strokers.  I'm don't know who's on that team.

Roger S.