[POOL] We're not last!

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 30 01:38:04 CDT 2008

Wooo!  We took 3 of 4 matches against Mr mR.

First was Bill vs Henry, in a 2:4.  Bill's aim was a degree off early
on, but he quickly corrected and tooks his match, 2:2.  Roger went
next, against Jim, in a 1:5.  Roger played Jim hard and fast, winning
his match 1:1 when Jim scratched while sinking the 8.  Next was me
against Rich in a 2:5.  I shot OK at the start, but gave up too many
ball-in-hand and was soon down 0:4 before winning my first game.
Alas, by that time the hole I dug was too deep, and lost the last game
and the match, 1:5.  Finally, Ti went up against Ryoji in a 2:6.  Ti's
shooting was right on, and he easily took the match, 2:1.

So with tonight's win, we're assured either 5th or 6th place.  Let's
make it 5th with a win next week!  Speaking of which, next week is the
last day of the season, which means free food and pool.