[POOL] Last night's results

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 9 18:29:33 CDT 2008

Last night's (poorly remembered) results against Hit-or-Miss (Andy's
team):

Craig vs Ron(?), 1:5, Craig loses 0:5.
Rob vs (forget her name), 2:2(?), Rob loses 1:2(?).
Roger vs Amanda, 1:4(?), Roger loses 0:4.
John vs Jori, 2:3, John loses 1:3.
Brian R vs Andy, 1:4, Brian loses 0:4.

The Eight-ball was our undoing last night.  Craig had the first (or
second?) game in hand and was shooting at the Eight, which he sank,
but not in the right pocket...  Rob was shooting on the Eight for the
win in his match, which he sank, and in the right pocket on a very
nice cut, but after banking off a rail, the cue dribbled into a side
pocket.  I was shooting on the Eight for the match too, but missed the
corner I was aiming for, and instead banked the Eight and sunk it in a
side pocket.  Brian was shooting on the Eight to take his match, but
had a tough, long cut across a lot of table, and it didn't go down.
Roger, well, Roger has no excuse for not winning his match. :)

So in the battle of last place teams, we went 0 for 5, securing our
place at the bottom.  Blah.

Next week is our last matchup before the playoffs I think, so we have
one more chance to not suck. :) BTW, either Craig or Rob forgot to pay
for the night, so one of you owes Roger $5 (and probably a drink).