[POOL] Last night's results

Roger Sersted rs1 at aps.anl.gov
Wed Feb 13 08:44:04 CST 2008

It was a fun night.  We played X-Cues-es, Ron Shepherd's team.

Since, I was the only one there. :-) The opening match was me vs. Bobby
Crews in a 9:1.  Bobby killed me the first 2 games. The third game, I
sank the 8 early with a million-to-1 bank shot combo.  The fourth game,
I rocked.  I ran 4 in a row, Bobby got stuck and I finished the rack.  I
won 3-1. :-)

Next up was Ti vs George in a 5:2.  I really thought Ti would win this
won.  He won the second game, and he was shooting well.  Unfortunately,
George held him off and Ti lost 5-1.

Then it was Rob against Les in a 7:1.  Rob just couldn't catch a break.
  He had a couple of chances, but things just didn't go his way.  Rob
lost 7-0.

Next up was John vs Ron Shepherd in a 10:1. Ron broke and the 8 and 5
balls were pinned side-by-side across the corner pocket, open table.
John took stripes.  What surprised me is that Ron passed on a straight
shot to take-out the 5 without hitting the 8.  But who am I to second
guess Ron S. :-)  Later in the game, Ron had to make a bank shot to hit
the 5.  He hits the 8 instead and sinks it.  John wins 1-0.

The fifth game we postponed due to weather.  We'll play it next week.

Short version: We won 2 of 2.