[POOL] Last night's results

Roger Sersted rs1 at aps.anl.gov
Wed Dec 12 08:17:38 CST 2007

What a surreal night.  Those who missed it, you literally missed a once
in a lifetime event.

We played "ex cues es" (sp?) aka Ron Shepherd's team.

First up was Craig against a new guy Mike in a 2:2.  I didn't see the
match, but Craig lost 0-2.

Next was Brian R. against George in a 6:1.  Brian just couldn't catch
break and he was just missing shots he'd normally make.  Plus George was
playing well.  Brian went down 6-0.

Next up was me against Bobby Crews (Let the trash talking begin :-)) in
an 8:1 matchup.  The first two games I struggled and Bobby whipped me
good.  The third game, I just couldn't sink my last object ball.  Game
4, it was a dog fight til the end.  I did a bank shot the length of the
table ... to sink the 8.  I won 4-1.  Rock on ME!!

Then John showed-up to play Les in an 8:2.  John won game 2 when Les
scratched on the 8.  Games 5 and 6 were "interesting".  John never shot.
  Les had back-to-back 8-ball breaks.  It was ALMOST three in a row.
The eight went to the side pocket like a bullet, but another ball hit it
about  6 inches from the pocket.  Games 7 and 8 Les won, even though
John made some spectacular shots. Les beat John 8-1.

We forfeited game 5 against Andy.  So as a team we were 1-4.  We were in
a eighth place by one game.  I'm sure we're still in 8th place.

Roger S.

PS - The "once in a lifetime event." was NOT me beating Bobby.  It was
the two 8ball breaks by Les. :-)