[POOL] Last night's results

Roger Sersted rs1 at aps.anl.gov
Wed Oct 10 08:16:28 CDT 2007

We played Andy's team, whatever they're called. :-)

I was up first against Charlie, in a 2:3 match.  I choked on a duck shot
  (my last object ball) at the end of our last game, losing 1-3.

Next up was Brian R. against Cheryl in a 2:3.  Brian is definitely
improving.  He had a shot on the 8 in one of the games, but lost 0-2.

Then Ti vs Ron Scott in 2:6.  Ti wasn't his usual self.  He made some
great shots, but missed a few that he should have made.  It was a tough
night for Ti, he lost 1-6.

Big Bill A. took on Melanie in a 2:3.  The second game seemed to go on
forever.  Somehow all the balls ended-up packed on the end rail opposite
the kitchen.  No one wanted to just "break-em up", because the 8 was
buried amongst them.  Bill rocked the house, winning 3-0.

The main event was our own John Valdes against Andy in a 2:6.    He
literally started cold, no warm-up games, just a couple of practice
shots.  The funniest part was the last game.  Nobody could sink the 8.
John had 4 shots and Andy had 3, including a straight-in that he missed.
  But John prevailed winning 2-1.  Overall, I don't think I've seen John
play better.

So, we took 2 of 5 matches. It was a fun night.

Roger S.