[POOL] Last night

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 18 11:56:15 CDT 2007

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 11:02:07AM -0500, Craig Stacey wrote:
> I can report on three of the matches from last night.
[...]
> Brian went up next against Vic in a 5-3 (IIRC), and was winning 1-0
> when I left.  John played Art in a 2-2, and I've no idea how that
> went since it started after Brian's match.

Brian lost his second game, but then won the next two--the last one
after a sweet run--taking the match 3-1.  My match against Art started
poorly, with me scratching on my first shot.  Despite that, somehow I
managed to make a nice comeback and win the first game.
Unfortunately, Art & I were very evenly matched, and I lost the next
two, despite having a shot on the 8 in the final game while Art still
had ~4 of his balls on the table (which Art proceeded to sink in
succession after I failed to pocket the 8), losing the match 1-2.

The end result then was 2 wins and 3 losses for the night.