[POOL] Last nights results

rs1 at aps.anl.gov rs1 at aps.anl.gov
Wed Dec 13 01:04:53 CST 2006

Well we played Ron Shepherd's team.  I didn't get there until 7pm.
So I missed the first match.

Ti played Mark Elmore in an 8:2 match.  Ti was on fire and smoked Mark 2-1.

Next up was Craig against Bobby Crews in a 8:1 match.  Craig tried and had a couple of chances, but fell 8-0.

Then there was me against George.  This was an 8:2 match.  I won the 5th game on defense.  He should have just given me ball-in-hand, he was shooting on the 8 and I had 3 balls left.  But he tried a really worthless shot and scratched.  The next game, I broke, flubbed a shot that gave him BIH.  With 7 balls on the table he picks the ONE ball that's pinned next to the 8.  You guessed it.  He hits his ball, cueball hits 8, 8 rolls into side pocket.  I won 4-2.

Finally, John takes on Ron Shepherd.  Surprise, a 10:1 match.  Ron was his typical self, running the table nearly at will.  John had a couple chances, but to no avail.  He lost 10-0.

We forfeited the 5th game. :-(

Roger S.

PS - I accidently replied with no changes.