[POOL] Who do I owe?

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Nov 29 15:58:31 CST 2006

On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 08:35:27AM -0600, Roger Sersted wrote:

> Not only did I totally suck in my match, I forgot to pay. That pretty
> much describes my night.

I don't remember all the match-ups and names (I'm as bad with names as
Tilene :) ), but the other match results:

After Roger's shameful 0-2 loss, Amy took on ?? in a 2-5(?); all the
games were close, but in the end, Amy fell 0-5.  Phil followed in a
very tough match against ?? in a 2-4(?); his opponent played very
well, leaving Phil with almost no shots, which unfortunately resulted
in another shutout for Moe, at 0-4.  Ti was next, playing Amanda in a
2-2; after continuing our losing streak by dropping the 1st game, Ti
came back to win the next 2 games and the match, 2-1.  Last up was me,
playing Matt in another 2-2.  Following Ti's lead, I lost the first
game after some poor play, but somehow I managed to overcome a
gravitation well that was keeping all my balls clustered around the
foot spot and came back from behind to win the second game.  Then, in
the rubber game, with some good defensive play and coaching (good
thing you left early, Roger ;) ), I sunk the 8 on a bank for a win,
taking the match 2-1.  Our results for the evening then were 2-3.

> And for those who care, the server patching had its own level fun.  I
> was hoping to be done around Midnight.  I finally got the system back up
> around 1:30am.

Ah, I remember my first 1:30am'er well.  Don't worry, you'll get used
to them. ;)