[POOL] Last night's results

Craig Stacey stace at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 11 16:12:28 CDT 2006

Okay, here's the recap of the night:

We started the night tied for 3rd, one game out of 1st place.  (Two
teams tied for 1st).  We played Andy Knagge's team (whose name
escapes me now).

Roger went first in a 2-4 against someone whose name I don't recall,
and won.  Roger, on the rankings sheet, is the top player in the
league this season.  He has played every week of the session, and has
not lost.  His rating is 1.000.  Good job, man.

Up next, Brian faced Andy in a 4-4, and won one or two of them, but
ultimately, Andy's game only got better as he played and Brian's...
didn't.  :)  Tough break, and Brian's belief in the 50+ handicap
curse is confirmed again.

Ti went next against... was it Ron Scott?  I know very little about
his match, except that... alas, he lost.

I went next and played Matt in a 2-3.  I beat him 2-0, winning the
1st game by him sinking the 8 early, and the second one fair and
square, including sinking one on the break followed by 4 in a row.
It was a good game.

John went last against Amanda in a 2-2.  I couldn't stick around, but
John says he did badly, then proceeded to describe a bunch of
mistakes and mishaps that all of us are guilty of at least once, if
not many times.

So two more wins all in all.  Hoorah!  Next week we play Kevin's team
(We Used to be Good).  They're always a fun team to play.  Oh, and we
get the table (table 2, to be exact) at league rate (15/night).