[POOL] The situation with the table.

Craig Stacey stace at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 10 14:15:35 CDT 2006

Spoke to Kevin last week about our getting a practice table at league
rate ($15/week) some more.  Here's the deal:

- The pool hall wants to keep two tables open.  The league gets 7
tables (of 9) right now.  4 Match tables, one practice table, 1 table
for X-Cue-Ses, and one table used for overflow matches.
- The overflow table hasn't appreciably changed the problem it was
designed to fix.

So Kevin will be putting a questionnaire in the envelopes tonight
about what to do about the table.  Namely keep it for the purpose it
has, or free up $15/week for prizes and stop using it as an
overflow.  If the second option is what people choose, the table will
be ours for $15/week under the following conditions:

1. We're committed to renting it every night.  Whether we use it or not.
2. If a night is particularly bad, we have to give it up for
matches.  We will not pay on those nights.

Sounds fair to me.