[POOL] Tuesday night's matches

Roger Sersted rs1 at aps.anl.gov
Thu Oct 5 09:55:34 CDT 2006

We played "Grampa Vic's".

I started-out playing Dean Bass.  It was a 10:1 match.  And I won.  Dean
won the first 4 games.  The fifth game, he broke, the cue ball dropped
and then the 8.  I should've played lotto that night. :-)

Bill B. Played Vic (I think).  It was a 4:3 match and it went down to
the 6th game (I think).  I do know that Bill came from behind in that
game to win.  The funny part was that Bill lost the 2nd to last game and
he thought the match was over and started taking his cue apart. :-)

John V. played Jill in a 2:2 match.  He played well, but Jill is tough
and she won 2-0.  Once again, John demonstrated some good skills.  With
some more table time, he should do well.

Craig, for the life, of me, I can't remember your match at all.

Brian T. played Art in a 3:3 match.  For those who left early, you
missed a helluva match.  In the 5th game, Brian was down by about 5
balls and he fought back to win.  Art choked on an 8-ball shot that left
the door open for Brian.  It was awesome.

So we took 3 of 5 last night, 4 of 5 if Craig won.

Roger S.