[POOL] Ideas for winnings

Roger Sersted rs1 at aps.anl.gov
Wed May 3 15:00:48 CDT 2006

Well, we've got $505 to spend.  Here are some ideas:

1.  Team dinner at a resturant.  My pick is "Wildfire Grill".  I've
eaten there a couple times.

2.  Cookout/party with food, beer and other refreshments.  As for main
course, my vote is for a Standing Rib Roast.  Though beef tenderloin was
also suggested, some people don't like medium rare beef.  You'll ruin
the meat if you cook a tenderloin (or part of it) well done.

3.  Get a block of tickets to a Kane County Cougars game and make it a
party.  Watching the Cougars is fun.  I've been to a couple games.

4.  Just split the winnings, add-up the total number of matches for the
team and each person gets a proportionate amount.  This is the least fun
and totally hoses the players who started late in the season.

5.  If there's money leftover from our party/event/whatever, I say we
use it to pay for our practice table(s) this fall session.

6.  I would really like a CP-E Colda Air intake for my Mazda6.  It has
an MAF compensator that yields an extra couple of ponies.  Since this a
$490 item.  I'll just consider it a Birthday (July 3) present from the
team.  Thanks Guys.  :-)

Feel free to add to the list.  I'm sure we can come to a consensus.

Roger S.