[POOL] New tables

Roger Sersted rs1 at aps.anl.gov
Tue Feb 8 09:57:13 CST 2005

I practiced on the new tables last night.  I STRONGLY suggest everyone
take some time to get a practice game in before your match.

The new tables have a ball return.  After an hour, I was still
instinctively trying to grab a ball out of a pocket, especially when I
scratched. :-)

The biggest change I noticed is that the pockets are much more
"active".   A sloppy shot that used to go in, may now bounce out.  It's
not the pocket itself, it's the higher rebound of the cushion leading
into the pocket.

Though I didn't notice it much, I'm sure the english, draw and follow
have changed.

--
Roger S.

AOD-IT