[POOL] Everyone get home OK?

Roger Sersted rs1 at aps.anl.gov
Wed Jan 19 13:00:48 CST 2005

OK.  Who else needs new tires?  :-)

As for tires.  For an everyday car, I reccommend a high performance
all-season tire.  I used to run Good Year GT+4 on my '88 RX-7.  What
little I gave-up in dry handling, made a BIG difference in bad weather.
BTW, the stock tires were Bridgestone RE71, they look like GY
gatorbacks, horrible in snow.

On the SUVs I've owned, I'd get a good set of on/off road tires.  They
have a blocky tread pattern that does make a bit more road noise, but in
snow/rain or the rare off-road excursion, they worked great.

My Mazda 6 has the OE all-season Michelins, don't know the model.  I've
got 9K on them, so this Summer they'll be due for a change.  Don't know
what I'll get.

Later,

Roger S.