[POOL] An interesting idea

William E. Allcock allcock at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Dec 21 09:24:04 CST 2004

Also, it is often the case that you can line it up fine, but it is the
stroke that is the problem (I have not watched you closely enough to know if
that is the case here).  One of the things that I was taught that was very
useful was to make your elbow a hinge, with only a single axis of motion.
The upper arm should not move at all, your lower arm should just pivot at
the elbow.  To practice this, take a ball and lag, but at the end of you
follow through, just hold the cue in place.  If the cue ball comes back and
hits the cue dead center and stops, you hit a perfectly centered shot, if
not, you hit it off center.

Bill