playoffs

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 7 15:04:43 CDT 2004

Next week (Apr 13) is the last regular week - and the playoffs start
after that (I thik Apr 20).

So, the rules for playoffs are - any team which wins 3 matches
advances to the next round (so we might not play all 5 matches).

And to participate in playoffs (from the note we received):

  - New players this session need 4 matches

  - Players active in both sessions need 6 matches with 2 of them this
    session.

I think all of us (except Jen) have 6 matches - But if you've just
played 1 match this session, (Bill? Mike?)  you might want to plan on
playing next week.

I'm sending this mail more as fyi. For all we know - we might not get
to play more than 3 matches. We could rent an additional table - this
way more of us (if at all) can come to the playoffs - and all of us
play pool - and have fun.

Satish