JanFest

Brian R. Toonen brian at toonen.org
Wed Jan 14 20:00:29 CST 2004

My apologies for the late notice, but you all (and any significant others
you might have) are invited to JanFest on Saturday, January 17.  Originally
Karen and I planned to have an Oktoberfest party.  In fact, a group of us
brewed a beer especially for it, but the party never happened, and the beer
is still in my basement waiting to be kegged.  Then the New Year's party
which was cancelled due to illness.  So, rather than wait until next
October, I've decided instead to celebrate now by holding a JanFest party.

The festivities will start around 5pm.  Beer and various forms of liquor and
diet soda will be provided, as will a variety of snacking items.  Craig and
I will be installing his propane heater in the garage so darts may be thrown
without the fear of frostbite.

Our house is located at 1528 Lang Drive in Bolingbrook.  Directions from ANL
are enclosed below, although Mapquest now seems to know its way to our
house.

Please RSVP by Friday evening so I know how much food to get Saturday
morning.

--brian

Directions to 1528 Lang Drive in Bolingbrook

Take I-55 south (actually south-west) to Weber Road. (exit 263). Turn right
(north) onto Weber Road.  Follow Weber for approximately 3 miles to Boughton
Road.  Turn left (west) onto Boughton.

Alternatively, take Lemont road north to 87th.  Turn left (west) onto 87th.
87th turns into Boughton.  Follow 87th/Boughton for several miles.
Eventually you will cross Weber road.

Once on Boughton heading west away from Weber road, you will go through two
stop lights and then past a left turn lane.  Then second left turn lane is
Palmer Drive.  On your left you will see some yellow flags, a yellow sign
for Pasquinelli builders, and a stone arrangement announcing the subdivision
of "Whispering Oaks".  Turn left (south) onto Palmer.  Follow Palmer until
you get to Lang Drive, which requires going straight though a 4-way stop and
winding through some minor curves.  Turn right (east-north-east) onto Lang.
Our house is located at 1528 Lang Drive.  It's a gray house with red
shutters and a three car garage.  Our home phone number is 630-759-1499 in
case you get lost.