Greetings Pool Sharks

Brian Elliott Finley finley at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 1 10:20:36 CDT 2003

Thanks to everyone who showed last night.  I understand that some of you
had conflicts, or were sick, or out of town, but we managed to have five
players and we had a lot of fun.

We took on a couple of new players last night:  Justin Binns (MCS) and
Brett Isselhardt (sp?) from CMT (if I remember correctly).  I've also
added Jenny Schopf to the roster, and expect she'll be able to join us
for next weeks games.

Also, we took a lot of ribbing from one fellow named "Art" about the
fact that MCS stood for Mathematics and Computer Science, and not
something more interesting like "Massive Coronary Sisters" or "Garbage
in, Garbage out".  So we should probably take proposals for a new team
name.  We could try and work up something clever that fits into the MCS
initials, but it doesn't have to go that way.  It could be something
completely arbitrary.

If you have a good idea about the team name, please send it to this
list.

Finally, I won't send any more email directly to the individual
addresses above, but will keep it to the list.  So if you are not on the
list yet, please sign up now.  All it takes is an email to
"majordomo at mcs.anl.gov" with a blank subject and a body of
"subscribe mcs-pool".

Cheers!

-Brian