[Darshan-users] DASK and darshan

Harms, Kevin harms at alcf.anl.gov
Tue Oct 13 18:53:08 CDT 2020

Razvan,

  It's be a couple of years since i used Dask, but you should be able to profile by setting LD_PRELOAD=/path/to/darshan/install/lib/libdarshan.so.
  Please note that Dask will start a process for each python instance so you will have a darshan log for each process. A few more caveats, if you're using remote processes, I'm not sure if the Dask servers will pass environment variables or not. I think Dask has other non-distributed schedulers that might work differently if running on a single node.

  Also note, by default Darshan assumes MPI and depends on it. If you're applications aren't using MPI, then make sure you configure darshan with the switch --without-mpi.

kevin