[Darshan-users] Darshan not tracing with tensorflow import.

Jeffrey Layton laytonjb at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 09:40:28 CDT 2020

About 2 months ago, I tried using Darshan to trace a TensorFlow2 DL
training. I could not trace the input. What I _think_ happens is the TF2
uses mmap() for reading the input files and I don't think Darshan can
capture that file IO. But I'm not a Darshan expert so perhaps someone has
tried this before and can help

(BTW - it's possible to build TensorFlow so it doesn't use mmap() for
reading files.)

Jeff