[cgma-dev] Introduction and IGES Question

Boyd Tidwell bktidwell373 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 15:27:43 CST 2011

Hello all,

  First, let me introduce myself.  My name is Boyd Tidwell. I work for
ETI/csimsoft in American Fork, Utah.  I am currently updating the OCC
code to run in Cubit.  I have updated the Cubit CGM code to match  OCC
and am currently testing functionality and have fixed a few bugs.  I
am about to merge my OCC 6.5.1 source with the 6.5.2 source released
today and then continue testing. You will probably see questions from
me now and then on this list but I will try to study and research any
problems extensively so as not to ask a lot of simple and/or silly
questions.

Now for my first question:

  Randy  Morris was told that there is a "better than the open source
version" of the OCC IGES code/libraries available for a one time
license fee of $5,000. Is anyone aware of such a thing?  Does such a
version exist?  The implication is that he (csimsoft) may be
interested in buying a license after hearing the details.

Another question:  As I fix bugs that do not currently have a fix or
patch in the OCC repository, what is the mechanism for submitting the
fix to be reviewed and potentially included in the base code?

Thanks very much,

   Boyd Tidwell
   Elemental Technologies Inc.
   Computational Simulation Software LLC.